- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Haines, Alaska
- Company: Alaska Mountain Guides & Chilkat Guides
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.alaskamountainguides.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (800) 766-3366
Alaska Mountain Guides & Chilkat Guides
Be a part of the AMG team and join us this summer in Haines, a small town in Southeast Alaska where mountains and glaciers meet the ocean!
ATV Guides main responsibility is to carry out the company’s mission of providing clients with a safe, enjoyable, and educational wilderness experience. Haines based guides will lead clients through a mix of private 4×4 trails and along public forest service areas as they explore the wooded trails outside Haines.
Haines is located at the north end of the Lynn Fjord and are both an adventurer’s paradise. Towering mountains, deep fjords, abundant wildlife and glacially fed rivers make the setting for an unforgettable summer. Access to rafting, biking, hiking, climbing, skiing, kayaking and fishing in your free time is abundant!
Essential Job Functions
- ATV Positions require candidate be 21 years or older w/ valid driver’s license.
- Must demonstrate proficiency operating ATVS in a safe manner.
- Must demonstrate awareness of changing weather and trail conditions and respond accordingly.
- Responsible for the safety and satisfaction of passengers throughout the entire duration of the tour.
- Responsible for following a strict daily schedule.
- Responsible for cleanliness and excellent maintenance of gear, trail and staging areas. Basic vehicle maintenance skills required.
- Responsible for communicating all incidents to the Haines office as soon as possible.
- Responsible for communicating all gear and vehicle issues to a manager in the Haines office.
- Must be a good communicator with the willingness to teach and entertain guests.
- Must possess the desire to continually improve your knowledge and skills.
- Must at all times be clean, well-groomed, courteous, honest, and reliable.
- Must possess a positive attitude that is friendly, considerate, strong, and energetic.
- Must be willing to work as a strong team member, assisting in the maintenance of group morale.
- Responsible for entering hours daily in our online timesheet program.
- ATV guides reports to the ATV site manager and the Haines Program Manager.
Experience Required to Perform Job Requirements
- Prior guiding, leadership, and tourism experience are helpful.
- Previous experience with 4×4 vehicles helpful but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly throughout each day.
- Must be able to carry loads over uneven ground.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be organized.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous groups of guests.
- Must be currently certified in 1st Aid and CPR at minimum (WFR or WEMT preferred).
- Must possess or be willing to acquire Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL).
CDL Driving: (We encourage and will offer assistance in obtaining a CDL license)
- Must have or be willing to obtain (training provided) a valid Class B CDL and contribute to bus driving duties for these and other tours.
- Have and maintain a Class B CDL with Passenger and Airbrakes endorsement.
- Pass FMCSA required pre-employment drug tests & screening.
- Be enrolled in an FMCSA required random drug testing program
- Have and maintain a valid Medical Examiner’s Card.
- Complete AMG Driver training program.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and application email@example.com. To download a pdf copy of our application via the apply now link below. Apply Now!