- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Colorado
- Company: Town of Vail
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.vailgov.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (970) 479-2118
Town of Vail
Live and work in Vail this winter! The Town of Vail Colorado is seeking enthusiastic & reliable people who are interested in working as bus drivers for the winter 2021-2022 ski season. As a bus driver, you will be responsible for safely operating a public transportation bus for pick up, transports, and drop off passengers on a prescribed route, on time and per local, state, and federal standards. Drivers must also practice safe defensive driving techniques, be knowledgeable, provide guests with schedule/route information, assist disabled guests on and off the bus, and complete reports of all accidents, damage, or incidents of vandalism. Drivers may be assigned to bus wash as needed. The working week is 40 hours made up of 4 & 5 days with new hires mostly working weekends & nights. The bus service runs from 5:30 am to 2:30 am daily.
Vail is a guest service-oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must have strong verbal communication skills & pride themselves in providing the best guest service.
Bonus: $1,000 sign on bonus paid out after training is completed, $1,000 for current CDL license (passenger endorsement with air brakes), and a $1,000 end of season bonus
In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
- Current CDL preferred.
- Previous guest service experience.
- Acceptable driving record with no alcohol or drug-related convictions in the last 5 years.
- Applicants must be able to commit to the entire season; mid-November to mid-April.
- Must pass all CDL requirements including medical screening, random drug testing, and licensing requirements
- The position is exposed to engine noise and fumes, winter weather and elements when assisting passengers.
Most of the shift is spent sitting while driving, with occasional stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting.
Please visit our website to apply.