- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Moab, Utah
- Company: Under Canvas
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.undercanvas.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (888) 496-1148
Starting Wage: $18.00/hr
Our Facility Supervisors take pride in ensuring our glamping locations are operational, safe, functional, and well-maintained so that our guests can fully utilize and enjoy our amenities, tents, and common areas. Situated just minutes away from the country’s most popular national parks, our locations range in size from 40-100 glamping tents, many of which have their own showers, toilets, and wood-burning stoves. Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager who leads the department, you are an on-site maintenance expert, helping to oversee, train, and perform maintenance tasks along with the Facilities Team. This is a full-time, seasonal, hourly position and includes free housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- Expect the unexpected and lead with composure. From inclement weather to the fast pace of a growing company, your ability to adapt to change will be critical.
- Engage regularly, genuinely, and professionally with guests, visitors, and team members.
- Be an active listener to guests and co-workers, an approachable leader, and a collaborative team member.
- Analyze problems, be resourceful, and take initiative to implement solutions.
- Prioritize tasks to achieve goals, both tactically and strategically.
- Follow through and complete projects on time and accurately.
- Serve as an on-site maintenance expert for a location with up to 100 high-quality outdoor accommodations with plumbing, communal structures with showers and toilets, laundry facilities, restaurants, common areas, fire pits, outdoor activities, and equipment including golf carts.
- Help oversee, maintain, and perform day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs to tents, plumbing systems, propane gas water heaters, propane heaters, stovepipes, decks, trailers, vehicles, generators, solar power equipment and more.
- Set direction and work side by side with the Facilities Team, mentoring, modeling performance standards, setting expectations, and holding others accountable.
- Deliver results to meet short and long-term goals based on multiple factors including safety, resources, and direction from the General Manager.
- Supports in strategically building our Facilities team schedule, approval of timecards, and other administrative tasks
- Attend regular camp-wide meetings with the management team. Lead regular meetings with your team to provide direction, training, and insight when the Facilities Manager is unavailable.
- Inspire the team to be engaged and committed to excellence.
- Inspect what you expect from your team, providing timely, constructive feedback.
- Deliver timely communication and follow-up to appropriate team members and guests.
Other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum one year of leading facilities or maintenance teams, preferably in customer-focused, outdoor environments, hospitality, or parks and recreation
- Minimum two years of troubleshooting and performing maintenance tasks
- Knowledge in septic, plumbing, wood stoves, propane, gas, electric, and generators preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance budgets and resources
- Must be able to work long, flexible hours outdoors in inclement weather, heat and cold
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Training
Please visit our website to apply.