- Date Posted: December 21, 2021
- Location: , Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Company: Walt Disney
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $19.00/hr
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
Calling all experienced pastry and bakery chefs!
Culinary Cast Members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. With more than 300 mouthwatering Food & Beverage locations throughout property, Culinary cast members experience a world of options, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Cook 1 Pastry/Bakery (Advanced) receive a starting rate of $19.00/hourly.
New Hire Incentive $3,000
$3,000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $750 and Second payment after 150 days = $2,250)
- Knowledgeable of multiple advanced pastry/baking techniques and chocolate work
- Demonstrated understanding of the science of pastry/baking
- Excellent technical knowledge (equipment, tempering of chocolate, sauce work, bread baking)
- Artistic and creative ability and vision to create high end products
- Must be comfortable working quickly and efficiently
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Proficient in all functions of the bakery
- Knowledge of food allergies
- Excellent understanding of Food Safety and HACCP
- Focus on high level of Guest service
- Exhibit clean work habits and ownership of a safe clean area
- Demonstrate the ability to follow and convert recipes
- Demonstrate excellent judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, safety harnesses, hard hats, safety vests etc.) may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Minimum 2 years of from scratch pastry/bakery experience or a culinary certificate and 1 year of from scratch pastry/bakery experience
- Organized, hands-on, detailed oriented with strong analytical background
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm
- Clear direction and communication skills
- Positive professional image (on-stage work)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication. Desire to work onstage and share knowledge and experience with our Guests.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle high profile projects
- Held to a high standard with exact attention to detail
- Ability to propose bakery items
- Proficient with tools, measurements and bakery equipment
- This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights, third shift, weekends, and holidays
- Serve Safe certified
- AS Pastry/Baking