- Date Posted: October 15, 2021
- Location: , Florida
- Company: Guest Services
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $24 per hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Website: www.guestservices.com/
Guest Services Inc. is seeking a full-time boat captains to work in North Florida with some travel to other locations around the state. Candidates must be highly service oriented, flexible to assist in multiple areas as needed, and comfortable working around water. This position starts at $24.00 per hour.
Locations include St. Andrews State Park in Panama City all the way down to Flamingo Adventures in South Florida and a few places in between. Although most of the work would be in North Florida, candidates will need to be willing to travel to other locations the rest of the time.
Guest Services, Inc. offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more. Apply today to join our All Star Team!
The Captain directs the ferry’s activities and operates the vessel safely and efficiently. This position serves as the primary contact onboard the vessel with the USCG concerning compliance with laws and regulations. The Captain administers training and drills aboard the vessel, and this position ensures a high level of customer service is provided
- Safe operation, cleaning, and general up keep of a passenger vessel.
- Safe vessel tie up to docks, piers, ships and moorings;
- Positive communication with client crew;
- Passenger embarkation/debarkation safety and operation;
- Repair and modification of related equipment such as pumps, lines, hoses;
- Grease, lube, and maintenance of the marine systems;
- Maintain accurate logs and records;
- Interacts with customers and management in a professional manner;
- Dock hand work as well as supporting non-motorized waterfront operations.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Current and valid USCG License and valid TWIC card required.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Previous dock/marina experience preferred.
- Ability to work remotely with little direct supervision;
- Ability to lift, carry, and move heavy objects and/or equipment;
- Ability to take and adhere to instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others;
- Small boat handling skills, passenger vessel experience a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand and walk on nearly a constant basis
- Able to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Carry, push/pull and/or lift materials weighing upwards of 75 lbs.
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Manipulate/handle/grip materials required to perform job
- Maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- Must be capable of performing emergency duties as listed in the vessel’s station bill
- Vision must be correctible to 20/40 with full color vision and no night blindness.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Marina, boat and dock maintenance equipment.
Please visit our website to apply.