- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Montana
- Company: Silver Gate General Store & Lodging
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.silvergatelodging.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (406) 838-2371
Silver Gate General Store & Lodging
Come Work in a Glacially Carved Mountain Valley a Mile Outside of Yellowstone National Park!
Nestled one mile outside Yellowstone’s Northeastern Gate in a glacially carved valley, Soda Butte Creek winding through town, we’re located in the town of Silver Gate, Montana, a bit of humanity in a sea of wilderness. Animals from bison to bear to fox to moose pass through our tiny mountain town almost as if it didn’t even exist. The Absaroka Mountains, a sub-range of the Rockies, abruptly jut skyward forming the walls of our valley upon which mountain goats and bighorn sheep clamor about on the cliffs above. To the south, the iconic Amphitheater Mountain towers over 3,600 feet above town, the subject of most guest’s gaze that magic instant they step out of their car for the first time here.
With a winter population of six and a dog loosely elected town mayor, Silver Gate is the ideal place to spend a summer in the mountains and be overcome with the wonder of wilderness. A guest once described Silver Gate as “more than just a great place to stay. It is a state of mind.” A place to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Our property includes 30 rental cabins, a General Store, and a twenty-two room lodge Ernest Hemingway spent a couple of Saturday nights at in the late 1930’s. We’re looking for a motivated, personable, hardworking person to fill a position with our housekeeping staff.
The job includes:
- Help us open up our cabins i.e. turning on water, electrical, and septic
- Fixing whatever issues come up, some examples are leaky sinks, running toilets, septic float not working, hanging pictures or fixtures that guests have ripped off the wall, lighting water heaters that have gone out, etc.
- This job realistically is over 40 hours a week, likely 50-60, at the beginning and end of the season, looking for someone who is okay working overtime when necessary.
- Pay for this job is based on experience, and the right person would be eligible for a raise after the first 30 days if they’re able to start working on their own.
Applicant should be:
- Experience with plumbing
- Experience with carpentry
- Experience with power and hand tools
- Experience with water and septic systems
- good with people
- good at working with others, as well as alone
- the ability, and willingness, to learn
- perform well under pressure
- good attention to detail
- capable of physical/manual work
- a hard-worker
The pay is dependent on experience. Housing is provided at no charge as well. If our agreed upon dates are fulfilled in good standing, there is an additional bonus of up to $2 for every hour worked throughout the season. Ideal applicants can start the last week in April/First week in May, and work until the end of the season, which is the middle of October.
The best thing about this job is that you get to work in the mountains, right outside of Yellowstone National Park. If you love the outdoors (hiking, fishing, camping, wildlife watching, rock climbing) then this is the place for you. On your days off the whole park is your playground. Unknown to most, the Beartooth and Absaroka Mountains surrounding us, which lie outside the park, are even more epic, wild, and beckoning to be explored. There is no cell phone service or internet in Silver Gate. However, three miles up the road in Cooke City, free high-speed internet is available 24 hours a day at the Cooke City Chamber of Commerce.
There are plenty of things to do right in Silver Gate and Cooke City as well. Even when you are working you get to enjoy the beauty and serenity that Silver Gate has to offer.
We look forward to sharing our slice of mountain paradise with you!
For more info, please visit our website or facebook page.
Please send resume with professional references relevant to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org