- Date Posted: November 15, 2021
- Location: , Taos Ski Valley, NM
- Company: The Blake Hotel
- Job Type: Full Time or Seasonal
- Salary: $15/hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: https://www.skitaos.com/plan-your-visit/blake
- Phone: 404-000-0000
The Blake Hotel
As a Hausmeister, you are the foundation of The Blake’s welcoming environment in the beautiful alpine setting that is Taos Ski Valley. With an ability to revive the art of conversation, you celebrate our cultural pride, ensuring that Taos’ local heritage is kept alive by tapping into shared experiences and personal knowledge.
You are responsible for a variety of tasks including the overall arrival and departure process, greeting guests upon arrival, identifying their needs and handling requests, escorting them to their rooms, and ensuring their stay is exceptional, as well as, handling guest luggage, valet parking, room service requests, activity recommendations, dinner reservations, etc. Hausmeisters are knowledgeable about Taos Ski Valley and able to provide direction to guests to include hours of operation, services provided, mountain statistics and the adventurous offerings of our scenic surroundings.
You possess an adventurous, open-hearted and upbeat demeanor and strive to build and maintain lasting relationships with both internal and external guests. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace new challenges daily as well as seek opportunity to expand your skill set and knowledge base.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conducts oneself with safety in mind and undertakes all job requirements in a manner which will guarantee a secure & confidential environment for oneself, guests, and fellow team members.
- Identifies and complies with guest requests, both in person and over the telephone, while maintaining both internal and industry standards
- Demonstrates problem solving skills while resolving guest concerns
- Performs guest arrivals and departures daily
- Follows daily procedures, accurately completes all daily reports and knows all other properties, restaurants and services the resort offers
- Ensures all charges are posted to maintain profitability
- Maintains a cash bank and complies with all cash handling procedures
- Conducts oneself with integrity, respect and compassion, recognizing that each individual’s unique attributes contribute to the overall success of Taos Ski Valley.
- Provide uniform, efficient, courteous, high quality service in a clean and organized environment. Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled workdays
- Strives for open, honest, and effective communication in order to build trust in our relationships with our guests and fellow employees.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills while resolving guest concerns.
- Be well groomed and aware of personal hygiene; adhere to dress code policy as mentioned in policy handbook.
- Keep all business confidential both on and off duty.
- Offer courteous and sincere hospitality at all times. Understand what is meant by “good customer service.”
- Follows training guidelines using good judgment and common sense.
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Vision, Purpose, and Values.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, challenges, and while working in an ever-changing environment.
- Keeps work area, equipment, and lobby clean and orderly. Has a concern for cleanliness and orderliness of work area and equipment.
- Completes all assigned services by timeframes established by department supervisor.
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- Must take constructive criticism and frequent coaching well
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Must be able to adapt to change in policy and/or procedures as directed and offer suggestions to improve operations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic typing skills and computer knowledge
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other language skills preferred
- Prior hospitality/housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment, especially during Holiday and Peak days. Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is located in a high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Must be able to work in close quarters and with other staff.
To apply for this job, please visit the employment page on our website.