- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Pelican, Alaska
- Company: Highliner Lodge & Charters
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://highlinerlodge.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (877) 386-0397
Highliner Lodge & Charters
The Highliner Lodge is a thriving and ambitious fishing lodge, located ~90 miles west of Juneau, AK in a beautiful and remote fishing village. As a rapidly expanding business, we are looking for motivated, honest, hardworking, and talented individuals who will take pride in their work, promote the company’s growth, and advance their careers.
Please see our website: www.highlinerlodge.com for specifics.
The head chef (with help from the sous chef/prep cook) is responsible for all aspects of kitchen operation, serving ~35 guests and ~20 employees 3 meals per day. The successful candidate will work and communicate well with others, possess excellent culinary skills, be very hard-working, and be adaptable. Employment dates are approximately May 20 – September 10
- Must have exceptional culinary skills
- Must take pride in keeping a clean kitchen
- Able to work independently
- Able to clearly communicate with co-workers, manager and owners
- Able to complete tasks on a schedule
- Outgoing and courteous with clients and staff
- Able to lift 60lbs and in good physical condition
- Be drug free and a non or very light drinker
- Able to live and work in a close environment with co-workers
- Have good organizational skills
- Able to cook creatively with limited resources
- Prepare buffet-style breakfast (served to our clients from 5:30 – 6:00 am)
- All fishing guests must be out the door and on their way to the boats no later than 6:20 am
- Daily lunch service for all staff at the lodge is served on time at 12:00 pm (this is the Sous chef’s role that you will over see)
- On occasion, one or more guests may join the staff for lunch
- Pre-dinner appetizer ready at 5:30 pm at the Lodge
- Dinner prep varies from day to day, as the evening meals and appetizers vary, it is up to the chef to be fully prepared to serve a 3-course meal to our clients and the lodge owner(s) at 6:30 pm daily
- We expect you to serve visually appealing gourmet quality dishes to the guests
- Staff meals may be served buffet style, but we expect these meals good quality, to be nutritionally balanced and that there is plenty of food for the employees
- Chef is responsible for planning and overseeing prep of guests lunches every evening for the following day (Lunches will be upgraded to meet a higher standard as per owner).
- The owners and/or lodge manager will collaborate and work with the chef to ensure the chef has all the resources needed to meet the production schedule and uphold a very high standard. However, it is the responsibility of the chef alone to ensure that food orders and delivery of those orders are made within a time frame and in such a manner as to ensure that the restaurant has everything needed to execute all meals at a very high standard.
- A typical day starts with a split shift: 4:30 am to 8:00 am and 1:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
- You must be able to adjust and adapt to unexpected changes.
- We expect the workweek will average 84 hours for the Head Chef. We do not guarantee this. There may be times when you will be asked to work more, or less than 84 hours.
- Working hours are to be logged on a daily basis on a form provided by Highliner Lodge & Charters Inc. We will request that you submit it on designated days or at the end of the pay period.
- There are no promises of any days off
- At the owner’s discretion, from time to time, there will be days with a light workload, or days declared “off”
- You are covered by Worker’s Comp Insurance while at work
- Off-time activities are not covered by Worker’s Comp
- The chef will work under the supervision of the owner and/or General Manager
- The chef is responsible for menu development and all food ordering
- The chef will be responsible to see that resources are not wasted
- Food orders may be subject to the approval of lodge owner or manager
- The chef will make every effort to obtain a refund for any unusable items mistakenly sent by vendors
We expect superior performance from our employees, in personal hygiene, professional contact with our customers and relations with other employees. The most important factors that we look for when hiring a person is a good attitude and a strong work ethic. If you aren’t willing to put in long hours, this is not the place for you. We expect good manners, good grooming and a professional appearance above reproach.
- $7000/mo. salary
- Significant share of tips (distributed at end of season)
- Travel reimbursement
- End of season / performance bonus
- Profit sharing and return bonuses for continued employment
Please visit our website to apply