- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , McKinley Park, Alaska
- Company: Tonglen Lake Lodge
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.tonglenlake.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (907) 683-2570
Tonglen Lake Lodge
We are shifting from a B&B style Lodge to a FULL-SERVICE Lodge and looking for a Chef to join our team to help with menu creation and execution of new and current recipes to create a high-quality culinary experience for our guests. The Summer (busy) season runs May 27-Sept 13, with a week of training/shut down on either end of that.
Duties will include:
- Menu planning for both morning bakery & café, and evening Dinner Service (All meals are included in the cost of accommodations for up to 50 lodge guests daily);
- Recipe development;
- Costing and pricing of all menu items;
- Ordering of all consumables, including beer, wine, fresh produce, perishable goods, and a pre-season bulk order of dry goods (Produce purveyor delivers 2-3 times/week. Most other acquisitions are weekly. Suppliers are 120 – 250 miles away.);
- Ordering of all other café supplies, including to-go containers, napkins, plastic ware, etc.;
- Training and supervising staff of up to 10, including morning and evening service, back and front of the house;
- Planning and execution of food and beverages for a variety of special events, including catered dinners, workshops, weddings, retreats, wine tastings, etc.;
- Maintaining accurate inventory, with an eye toward a minimal over-wintering supply and cross-utilization of ingredients;
- Working closely with the owner to balance needs of lodge guests, café ambiance, and the business side of the café;
- Maintaining the agreed-upon standard for café fare, cleanliness, and procedures; Improving efficiency in the flow of prep and kitchen set up.
- Commercial kitchen experience a must;
- At least 3 years management experience;
- Food Protection Manager Certification;
- Completion of Training for Alcohol Professionals;
- Ability to lead a team and keep a positive atmosphere in kitchen and café;
- Ability to effectively teach others;
- A positive attitude and an interest in contributing talents and energy toward the efforts at Tonglen Lake;
- Ability to be flexible and communicative;
- Interest in being part of a small, close-knit team of seasonal employees is a must;
- Willingness to work flexible hours to support both AM and PM service in café, and events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidate has a variety of experience in food & beverage, management, ordering and logistics, and familiarity with the operation of a seasonal business. They also possess an interest in taking a relatively new café to another level in terms of production, efficiency, profitability, and creativity, within the confines of the seasonality, remote location, etc.
Please visit our website to apply.