- Date Posted: August 21, 2020
- Location: British Columbia, Canada
- Company: CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 403-762-7100
Hospitality Assistants take a proactive approach to providing a high-quality guest experience and have a meticulous and committed work ethic. Their passion lies in hospitality and positively impacting the guest experience by demonstrating proven customer service skills.
Hospitality Assistants care for guest rooms by making beds, cleaning washrooms, vacuuming, and accommodating any special requests related to room presentation. This role is also responsible for overall lodge cleanliness in common areas. The Hospitality Assistant position supports the dinner service by hosting a table of guests each evening, serving food, and assisting with the clean-up process in the kitchen.
This is a seasonal job opportunity. The CMH winter season runs from late-November to late-April.
Daily rate of pay is based on a 11-hour day, worked as a split shift.
- Daily care of guest rooms which includes making beds, cleaning washrooms, vacuuming, and accommodating any special requests related to room presentation
- Act as a leader within the hospitality team to take initiative, support staff and assist the Lodge Manager with additional duties
- Support the culinary program with serving, clearing, and cleaning
- Execute the cleaning of all common areas of the lodge and look after guest laundry
- Provide a professional, highly organized, and detailed hospitality experience
- Support the ski program by assisting with radio duty and rescue response
- Follow OH&S, food safe, and WHMIS best-practices
- Food Safe Certificate
- Hospitality experience in a high-end, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a remote lodge, an asset
- A passion for customer service excellence and providing a high-end guest experience
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and tactful under pressure
- Take pride in hard work, strive for excellence, and anticipate guest needs
- Willingness to work long days and flexible to assist in other roles at the lodge, as needed
- Able to adapt to varied and changing tasks and environments
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- An attitude whereby nothing is too much trouble
- Excellent communication skills; able to receive and act on feedback
This job is in a remote area of the BC wilderness. Employees are required to find their own way to and from the lodge or helicopter staging area for work shifts.
This type of hospitality work is challenging and demanding. Successful staff are intrinsically motivated by a passion for hospitality and creating memorable experiences with our guests.
To view full job description, and to apply, visit website here: https://www.cmhheli.com/about/careers/
View 3D Video Overview (click & drag video for immersive 360-degree view)