- Date Posted: October 27, 2021
- Location: Key West, FL
- Company: Margaritaville
- Job Type: Full or Part Time
- Salary: $17.31/hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: www.margaritaville.com
The Margaritaville restaurant in Key West, Florida is is looking for a host. This individual is responsible for greeting customers, checking identification, controlling the flow of traffic and maintaining guest areas. Pay is $17.31 per hour. Benefits include health insurance and opportunities for advancement.
If you’re energetic, professional, and passionate about hospitality, we’d love to hear from you.
- Handles initial and final contact with all guests; greets guests in a positive, professional, and welcoming manner and thanks them as they leave.
- Provides information and conversation while guests are waiting and being seated.
- Accommodates guests with special requests.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Quotes accurate wait times, distributes paging devices (if applicable), and maintains time efficient list.
- Directs guests to proper holding/waiting area.
- Coordinates orderly movement of guests within the food service area with utilization of a table management system.
- Knows table numbers, seating floor plans, and server/busser assignments.
- Communicates effectively with all guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintains organization of host stand and keeps supplies stocked.
- Answers telephone calls and related questions.
- Maintains cleanliness around front facade of the building and guest restrooms; keeps venue clean and free of litter at all times.
- Monitors and stocks restroom supplies.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- One year in a guest service position preferred; previous experience in a food and beverage environment helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply for this job, or a job at any Margaritaville restaurant or resort, please visit the employment page on our website.