- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Death Valley, California
- Company: Panamint Springs Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.panamintsprings.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 775.482.7680
Panamint Springs Resort
Panamint Springs is focused on providing a positive guest experience to all visitors who come through our privately owned and operated desert oasis. Whether stopping through for gas, lunch at our restaurant and bar or looking for a cozy place to sleep, the guest experience is our main priority.
We are looking for someone with a willingness to work and go above and beyond to fill the position of a housekeeper for our motel lodging. Job duties include cleaning guest rooms and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organization. Housekeepers must also maintain laundry and keep track of housekeeping inventory. In addition to cleaning used motel rooms, housekeepers are expected and required to check and dust vacant rooms daily, touch up stay-over rooms as needed, and perform other janitorial and cleaning duties as needed. Candidates must be able to provide useful visitor information for guests passing through the area as well.
Once we are able to again have our breakfast buffet, all housekeeping attendants will eventually be assigned to set up and work the breakfast buffet in the restaurant before they begin their housekeeping duties for the day. This shift is rotated between all housekeeping staff members daily. Our breakfast buffet will be open from 7:00 am – 10:00 am, after which time, the housekeeping attendant will finish out the day with regular housekeeping duties. *More details will be provided during the interview process.*
- Setting up and working breakfast shifts (rotated between housekeeping attendants)
- Stripping rooms of dirty linens and trash
- Stocking rooms with clean linens and amenities
- Making beds to motel standards
- Thoroughly cleaning all aspects of each room daily
- Conducting detailed cleaning projects periodically
- Conducting daily room inspections for any issues or maintenance needs, and reporting any damages and/or maintenance needs found in the motel rooms to the front desk and management team
- Processing laundry for our laundry service
- Cleaning the restaurant and campground bathroom facilities.
- Communicating with the front desk about issues with rooms and when rooms are ready for guests
- Fulfill additional tasks as needed and defined by the lead housekeeper, lodging manager or by any other member of the management team
We provide on-site training for standard motel cleaning, although previous experience in housekeeping is helpful. To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Value cleanliness
- Have a resiliency to dirtiness, (having a strong stomach)
- Possess strong communication skills and time management skills.
- To be considered for this position applicants must be able to read and write and have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Applicants must have a desire and willingness to work as a team within the housekeeping department, as well as the ability to work well in communicating with other departments, i.e., reporting to the lead housekeeper and management team at Panamint Springs Resort.
Our Guest Mission Statement:
“To maximize our guest’s experience through promoting their connection to our location and surrounding areas. We will provide a comfortable base camp where guests can retreat to the comforts of civilization after a day of exploration. We will promote this connection to the natural surrounding through informative interaction with our guests, showcasing the area’s natural and historic features, and providing comfortable accommodations amenities and spectating points.”
Our Company Mission Statement:
“To ensure that every visitor to the resort has a positive and memorable experience by providing outstanding service and treating all visitors as our personal guests.”
Please email your resume and any questions pertaining to the position to email@example.com.