- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Craryville, New York
- Company: Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://pumpkinhollow.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (518) 325-3583
Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center
Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center, Craryville, New York is seeking a Kitchen Manager/Cook. The successful candidate will know how to cook vegetarian food, be friendly, organized, and professional. They must commit to being a contributing community member and to understanding the Pumpkin Hollow ethos of selfless service.
Our goal is to foster fellowship, service, and the study of natural laws that govern life; offering opportunities for self-discovery, meditation, healing, and connecting with nature. Pumpkin Hollow’s lifestyle is best described as organic in nature; a richly physical, social, and spiritual environment cultivated for over 80 years. It is an environment conducive to nurturing each individual’s desire to discover and explore their inner path. In accordance with our principle of respect for all life, our cuisine is vegetarian. This means no meat, no fish, no fowl is allowed on the property. Also, alcohol and recreational drugs are not allowed on the property.
- Operate as head cook of Pumpkin Hollow.
- Prepare and cook lunch and dinner for retreats and volunteer work gatherings.
- Responsible for meal planning.
- Purchasing food and supplies for the kitchen and dining room.
- Coordinate, guide, and work with kitchen volunteers.
- Coordinate with PH organic garden regarding fresh vegetables.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining room.
Compensation: Fulltime residential position. Taxable monthly stipend of $1400. Benefits: full room, board, utilities, internet, and laundry facilities. Requirement: Proof of vaccination for COVID-19. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.