- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Big Sky, Montana
- Company: Yellowstone Club
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.yellowstoneclub.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 406-995-7909 ext. 1308
Are you interested in being an “on snow” employee at the Yellowstone Club, the premier private ski and golf resort in the world? Do you want to work outside this winter season surrounded by spectacular mountains, private powder and a superb team of coworkers? Lift Operators at the Yellowstone Club are an integral component of our Mountain Operations team and are tasked with the safe and efficient operation of our multi-million dollar ropeways while also providing extraordinary guest services. Lift Operators are front line employees providing an exceptional experience to our members, guests and other employees, ensuring that they feel welcome, safe, and confident riding our lifts. If you are passionate about your work and like to work hard in a fast, action packed environment we want you on our team!
Yellowstone Club’s Mountain Operations department is currently seeking candidates for Lift Operators for the Winter 21/22 season. The purpose of the Lift Operator is to provide safe and efficient loading, transporting and unloading of Members, guests, and employees in accordance with the specific operating instructions of the assigned lift.
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, competent and knowledgeable manner.
- Inspect, record, and report the condition of all lift machinery.
- Maintain loading areas, unloading areas, and ramps to prescribed standards.
- Execute the safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of passengers.
- Demonstrate good Member, guest and employee relation skills: Courteous and actively friendly with all interactions.
- Diplomatically handle awkward or negative situations.
- Provide general knowledge about Yellowstone Club to inquirers.
- Maintain an informed status about lift openings enclosures, and general operation conditions.
- Command an alert, conscientious and reactive ability while operation the chair lift.
- Create an open communication with Members, guests, and employees.
- Responsible for the safe start-up, running and shut-down of electric or auxiliary operation.
- Conduct pre-operation safety checks.
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training of job-related course work
- Ability to ski terrain at an intermediate level in a strong, stable manner, preferred
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather and adverse conditions
- Previous lift operations experience is preferred it is not required, we will conduct preseason training
- Experience working in a private club setting is a plus
Available positions are Seasonal, Full-Time and Seasonal, Part-Time positions located in Big Sky, MT.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, a ski pass to Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl, and a casual dress code. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth.