- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , New Mexico
- Company: Red River Ski & Summer Area
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.redriverskiarea.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 575 754 2223 ext 206
Red River Ski & Summer Area
Mission Statement for Lift Operators
Provide the safe and efficient loading, unloading of guests and employees onto chairlift in a respectful and friendly manner. Maintain a clean and safe work area, operate in accordance with the specific operating instructions and be attentive to the guest’s needs and requests.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Direct skiers into lines to load onto chairlift. Controls skiers in line to avoid line-cutting.
- Dispense information about Red River Ski & Summer Area, trail conditions, and activities.
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, competent and knowledgeable manner.
- Conduct all pre-operation safety checks.
- Responsible for the safe start-up, operation and shutdown of electric or auxiliary operation.
- Maintain loading areas, unloading areas, mazes, dampers and ramps, and lift logs to prescribed standards.
- Instruct guests in safety procedures.
- Execute the safe, courteous and efficient loading and unloading of passengers.
- Command an alert, conscientious and reactive ability while operating the chairlift.
- Observe skiers boarding lift to ensure they are safely seated and safety bars are secure.
- Inspect, record and report the condition of all lift machinery.
- Maintain an informed status about lift openings and closures and general operating conditions.
- Create an open communication with the guest and fellow workers.
- Diplomatically handles awkward or negative situations.
- Responsible for checking all season passes and all lift tickets for authenticity.
- Refuse admittance to patrons without ticket or pass, or who are undesirable for reasons such as intoxication or improper attire.
- Keep area clean of trash and maintained for snow conditions.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight up to 100 pounds
Other duties and responsibilities
- Direct drivers where to park vehicles.
- Patrol parking area to prevent thefts from parked vehicles.
- Assist with Lift evacuations
- Provide assistance to Lift Maintenance
- May be requested to work extra hours with little or no notice
- Keep nice and neat appearance, keep uniform clean and have good personal hygiene
- Willingly perform any task outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Lift Department or Red River Ski & Summer Area as a whole meet required goals or standards.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little or no notice
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities for extended periods of time.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Working outdoors in cold weather, standing for long periods of time.
- Heavy lifting up to 100lbs
- Employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Employees may be required to work holidays and weekends
Education and/or experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- No prior experience, training is provided.
Please visit our website to apply.