- Date Posted: June 6, 2020
- Location: , Mormon Lake, AZ
- Company: Mormon Lake Lodge
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-877-386-4383
Mormon Lake Lodge
The Line Cook prepares food orders accurately and in a timely fashion in a high volume and fast-paced kitchen. Ensures an excellent guest experience and helps ensure the Kitchen remains clean, organized, and in compliance with sanitation requirements.
- Prepares/cooks food items and dishes using grill, flat top, oven, fryer, steamer, toaster/salamander, small kitchen appliances, and kitchen utensils including various knives.
- Prepares all food following recipes as written; Follows all kitchen portion control measures.
- Makes cooking adjustments to accommodate guest requests.
- Maintains relevant kitchen documentation; Prepares prep work, thawing, and stocking lists.
- Performs shift preparation, nightly shutdowns, and cleaning duties; Cleans and organizes kitchen, cooking line, and work station.
- Performs kitchen operations and procedures in accordance with sanitation regulations and guidelines.
- Organizes refrigerators and cooking line.
- Performs cleaning tasks as necessary.
- Assists with food running, busing, dish washing, and other related tasks as required
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely use kitchen appliances and utensils.
- Good communication skills including the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or 1 year of hospitality cooking or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Food preparation and food safety knowledge required.
- Prior restaurant experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related coursework preferred.
For more info on this job, and to apply, visit link here: https://jobs.foreverresorts.com/property/mormonlake/
About Mormon Lake Lodge:
Located in the Coconino National Forest just outside of Flagstaff, AZ, Mormon Lake is the perfect getaway for seasonal workers who enjoy the outdoors and want to experience an authentic western lifestyle. Nothing like the desert to our south, Mormon Lake Lodge offers the most comfortable climate you could ask for during the season. Mormon Lake Lodge is fast-paced and challenging and consists of a Steakhouse & Saloon, Gift Store, Pizzeria, Event Space, RV Park, and a Rodeo Arena all within walking distance of each other. With management you can trust, events almost every weekend, and a family friendly atmosphere it is easy to feel at home at Mormon Lake Lodge.