- Date Posted: May 31, 2021
- Location: , Washington, DC
- Company: The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: $15.00 /hr
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: Apply via link
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, in conjunction with the Public Lands Council, offers internships for the fall, spring, and summer semesters in Washington, D.C. This internship is a unique chance for students interested in the beef industry and federal policy. Interns will have the opportunity to engage with NCBA and PLC staff on several fronts, including policy, communications, and membership, and will work closely with the lobbying and regulatory teams to advance policies important to the beef and sheep industries.
NCBA and PLC are affiliate organizations working on behalf of cattle producers and ranching families across the country. NCBA is producer-directed and consumer-focused, which creates a unique opportunity to unify policy and marketing efforts for the beef industry. Similarly, PLC works to maintain a stable business environment in which livestock producers that hold federal lands grazing permits can continue to conserve the resources and ranching heritage of the West. Together, NCBA and PLC represent the cattle and sheep industries and producers who operate on both public and private lands.
- Participates in lobbying efforts
- Communicates updates to members
- Reviews Federal Registry Notices
- Participates in agency meetings
- Collaborates with Hill and agency staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be a junior or senior undergraduate student or graduate student with a background or major in agriculture as well as a background in cattle and/or the beef industry
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be available for the duration of the internship
- Must have excellent research, writing, and communication skills
To apply, visit link below & submit application:
More on the NCBA here: https://www.ncba.org/
Initiated in 1898, the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association is the marketing organization and trade association for America’s one million cattle farmers and ranchers. With offices in Denver and Washington, D.C., NCBA is a consumer-focused, producer-directed organization representing the largest segment of the nation’s food and fiber industry. NCBA works to achieve the vision: “To be the trusted leader and definitive voice of the U.S. cattle and beef industry.”
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this job application!