- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Freedom, New Hampshire, Groton, Massachusetts, and Ivoryton, Connecticut
- Company: Nature's Classroom
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.naturesclassrooms.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (413) 896-9554
Nature’s Classroom New England is looking for Registered Nurses for our Spring 2022 season. As a nurse at Nature’s Classroom, you would be responsible for providing care to elementary and middle school students who will be staying on our property for multi-day programs.
- Provide healthcare to meet the individual needs of students.
- Provide treatment and follow-up based on each medical situation and refer students to a local doctor, hospital, or ambulance services if necessary.
- Follow health care policies/procedures as described in the Healthcare Manual and within the guidelines of the Standing Orders provided by a local doctor.
- Create a MAR for each school and distribute medications as prescribed. Scheduled med passes are 4 times daily (before each meal and before bed) and between those times when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Nature’s Classroom teaching staff, several times each day, to ensure that emergency medications (i.e. EpiPens and rescue inhalers) are with the proper staff for each activity.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Contact school nurses or students’ families to address any questions about medications, medical history, or allergies.
- Inventory supplies and order necessary medical materials equipment as needed
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered regarding medical services at Nature’s Classroom
- Stay on-site and be “on-call” at all times while students are on the property (M-F)
Dates of Employment
Start Date: start date varies for each site (Mid February – Mid March)
End Date: June 10th, 2022
The base salary is $250 per day
- Seasonal housing will be provided
- Meals are provided on-site during the week and a staff food budget will be provided on weekends
Experience and Qualifications
- RN license in ME, NH, MA, or CT (or ability to acquire it prior to the start date)
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students (preferred but not required)
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Must be 21 years or age or older
- Ability to work as part of a team of fantastic outdoor educators
- Ability to live on-site at one of our New England locations
- Ability to read and follow directions on medication labels, health forms, physician orders, and parent letters.
- Ability to quickly get to remote locations on the camp property over uneven terrain.
- Ability to communicate with parents, staff, and administration about camper health concerns.
- Possess endurance to meet emergency needs.
- Ocean Park, ME
- Freedom, NH
- Groton, MA
- Ivoryton, CT
- Lakeside, CT
Please email your resume, a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position, and three professional references (name, email, phone number) to Trish at firstname.lastname@example.org.