- Date Posted: March 22, 2021
- Location: , Bridgeport, CA
- Company: Leavitt Meadows Pack Station
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: DOE
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 775-450-0014
Leavitt Meadows Pack Station
[this job is a re-post from our sister-site, RanchWork.com]
Packer / Guide needed – We offer competitive wages, room and board, and a family environment in the beautiful Eastern Sierra.
The Company: Leavitt Meadows Pack Station. We are located on Hwy 108 (Sonora Pass), 7 miles from Hwy 395 and approximately 30 minutes outside of Bridgeport, California. We have been family owned and operated for over 60 years. We service the Hoover Wilderness with pack trips, base camp trips, dunnage drops and hourly trail rides.
The Position: We’re looking for a packer / back country guide. Pay is based on experience. Guests are encouraged to tip their guides. Room and board are provided.
- Minimum age is 18
- Available to work mid June – mid October (weather dependent)
- Guide experience, GREAT horsemanship skills and GREAT customer service skills
- Be in good physical condition and able to mount from the ground, safely assist guests on and off their horse, lift a minimum of 60lbs and the ability to ride for long durations.
- Stay in the back country
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a drug test
- Be flexible with tasks and willing to meet the needs of the pack station (some examples are moving hay, fixing fence, guiding hour rides)
- Work with minimal oversight and complete assigned tasks
- Work well with others in a living/working environment. Due to the remote location, employees are expected to live on-site.
Preferred but not required:
- Packing experience
- Tack repair
- Care for livestock in the back country
- Ability to guide traveling trips
- Have your own vehicle
- Ability and knowledge to work with new/young stock
- Process payments and liability forms on an iPad
- Catch and saddle stock, build and tie off packs, and greet guests
- Safely guide guests on horseback and lead mule strings
- Care for livestock
- Communicate with guests and other employees in a friendly and professional manner
How to apply:
- Send contact information and qualifications to email@example.com
- Resumes not required. If you are a potential candidate, we will contact you for a phone interview.
- (All minimum requirements must be met to be considered)
Visit website here: https://www.leavittmeadows.com/