- Date Posted: May 5, 2021
- Location: , Kelleys Island, OH
- Company: Caddy Shack Square / Island Mining / The Little Healing Room
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: $8.90-$15 /hr
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 954-330-9425
Caddy Shack Square / Island Mining / The Little Healing Room
Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Enjoy a fun summer on Kelleys Island and make new life-long friends while helping a family-owned business serve our patrons with a smile. This is not just a job, it is an experience and an opportunity to live the life of an local “islander” for a season, which you will cherish for a lifetime.
Shared housing available. We look forward to working with you and watch you fall in love with our island.
Island Gem and Mining Co Shop and local The Little Healing Room / Wellness Center are looking for summer seasonal, part and full time Associates / Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently.
Responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, gift-wrapping packages and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a customer service position or have a friendly, inviting demeanor and good knowledge of how cash registers operate is helpful but not necessary.
You should be willing to take evening and weekend shifts.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
- Ring up goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, and change
- Redeem coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout and all other shop areas
- Track transactions on register report any discrepancies
- Bag, box or gift-wrap packages when requested.
- Handle merchandise returns and exchanges
- In Wellness center: schedule appointments and follow-up reminders.
- Work experience as a retail cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Basic Cash register knowledge
- Good math skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- All legal ages considered if ambitious to work.
- Involves some minor physical abilities, lifting, restocking, bending, reaching.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.