- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Clark, Colorado
- Company: Steamboat Lake Outpost
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://hahnspeakroadhouse.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (678) 327-9810
Steamboat Lake Outpost
We are building a new staff here and are committed to building a healthy culture focused on healthy living, serving others, and connecting authentically. We are located in a beautiful part of the world about 45 minutes North of Steamboat Springs, CO and are surrounded by mountains and ranches.
Steamboat Lake Outpost is a sort of a la carte ranch offering cabins for rent, a restaurant, a shop, and guided activities such as horseback rides and adventure tours. We desire to be an integral part of the community; a place where folks come together to connect and build relationships.
Sous Chef Posting
- You have a 2 year culinary degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- You efficiently execute standardized recipes, organize and prioritize daily par sheets
- You take pride in being an excellent communicator with your internal and external customers
- You have proven prior supervisory experience and people enjoy working with you in a team environment
- You lead by example, exhibiting a calm demeanor, maturity and leadership skills continuously
- You possess a working knowledge and understanding of the nuances between front and back of house and act as a positive role model exhibiting team collaboration
- You are able to multitask while maintaining a high level of organization and detail orientation
- You thrive in a fast pace environment, and yet stay focused on the details while striving for excellence
- You take exceptional pride in being the final ‘inspector’ for your food, approving it before it goes to the guest
- You have a prior understanding of the expeditor role and effectively take on that role when needed
- You have the willingness and proficiency to work all stations including prep and dishes
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Plan and supervise our kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the kitchen. Understanding the importance of providing a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality food.
- Collaborate with your culinary counterparts in menu development, process improvement, consistency and inventory control.
- Ensure quality, consistent culinary excellence is produced which exceeds company standards.
- Participate in attracting, retaining and motivating our culinary associates while providing a team environment.
- Train, develop, empower, coach and counsel culinary staff, providing open communication vehicles, recommending discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Be aware of and report the need for maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets federal, state, corporate standards and regulations.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Assist other team members/kitchens as needed and with special projects, requests, events or to support staffing shortages.
- Maintain work station, assist with prep, cleaning and any other duties as assigned
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
If you feel compelled to apply, please send a resume and cover letter letting us know why you would be a great fit here. Please send all application materials to email@example.com.