- Date Posted: April 27, 2021
- Location: , Middleville, MI
- Company: YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
- Job Type: Full Time or Seasonal
- Salary: $40/day
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: http://www.grymca.org
- Email: Apply via link
- Phone: 6168559653
YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
Guiding Principles describe our behaviors to support our organization’s work throughout its life in all circumstances, irrespective of changes in goals, strategies, and leadership. Our Guiding Principles are as follows: We CULTIVATE-We grow staff and volunteer leaders who will be stewards of the Y mission, resources, and opportunities. We OWN-We think long-term and act on behalf of the organization, beyond our own team. We WELCOME-We are inclusive of all people and all communities. We SERVE-We provide timely and excellent service to members, volunteers, community, and each other. We LEARN-We are never done learning and always seek to improve. We are curious about new possibilities and act to explore them. We UNITE-We work together to achieve big goals and speak as one voice. We RESPECT-We treat others with kindness and speak positively about other people in all situations. We PLAY-We celebrate, appreciate, and have fun!
The YMCA of Great Grand Rapids utilizes a Membership By Design framework, which is a member involvement and community building model for YMCAs across the country. All staff members—front-line, management, full- and part-time—and volunteers have a role to play in member engagement. These responsibilities can be broken into six steps:
Enrollment: Staff and volunteers encourage potential members to enroll in programs and activities that meet their needs.
Satisfaction: Staff and volunteers ask members continually about their satisfaction with a program or activity, track responses, listen to suggestions, and respond promptly in a manner consistent with the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Relationship Building: Staff and volunteers are open, friendly, and approachable to all YMCA members and participants. Staff and volunteers initiate interaction with and between members.
Education and Conversion: Staff and volunteers know about and share their knowledge of the YMCA, its programs, its policies, its mission, its values, and how it benefits members and the community.
Volunteerism and Leadership: Staff and volunteers create opportunities for members to volunteer in their areas of interest, and they ask members to do so whenever appropriate.
Ownership: Staff and volunteers encourage members to “own” the YMCA, using words such as “we,” “us,” and “our association” (and actions that match those words) to include members as well as staff and volunteers.
The Camp Counselor provides direct supervision of a group of up to 10 children in a summer camp outdoor setting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: direct supervision of campers in either the Day Camp or Overnight Camp setting, leading activities focusing on values and 21st century life skills each day, fully participate within the guidelines of all YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin programs, and provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and inclusion. Camp sessions run from Sunday afternoon until Friday evening. All staff receive daily scheduled breaks and have weekends off from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. Day-to-day hours and schedule varies depending on program.
Identify and meet camper needs:
- Learn the likes/dislikes of each participant
- Be a positive role model for all campers and fellow staff
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the group
- Develop opportunities for interaction between campers and staff
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success during camp
- Help each participant meet the goals established by the camp for camper development
- May be required to teach and lead activities based on certification or skill level in that area (lifeguarding, boating, adventure, skating)
Carry Out Camp Programs:
- Guide cabin or trail groups in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities
- Carry out established roles for supervising camper health
- Carry out established roles in enforcing camp safety regulations
- Trained in basic first aid and CPR
- Lifeguard certified counselors are trained in O2
- Develop cabin or trail group activity plans with participation where appropriate
- Supervise all assigned aspects of the campers’ day, including morning reveille, cabin clean-up, camptivities, activities, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hours duties as assigned
- Instruct campers in emergency procedures such as fire drills, evacuating the cabin, etc.
- Help campers plan their participation in unit-wide or camp-wide programs, special events, and activities
- Lead or assist in leading skills based activities with a focus on values and life skills, as assigned
- Prepare for and actively participate in staff training, meetings, and supervisory conferences if appropriate.
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners.
- Follow camp rules and policies on prohibited actions such as but not limited to smoking, use of alcoholic beverages, and the use of drugs, and cellular phones
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Manage personal time off in accordance with camp policy.
- Keep updated documentation on camper/staff situations in documentation booklet.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents during opening and closing day activities and any parent functions on camp.
- Submit all required reports on time.
Performs any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of Camp Manitou-Lin and the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids.
This position runs June-August and pays $40/day; Room and Board m