- Date Posted: July 9, 2021
- Location: , Eugene, OR
- Company: Northwest Youth Corps
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: http://https://www.nwyouthcorps.org/m/staff
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 5416544712
Northwest Youth Corps
POSITION: Temporary Youth Services Coordinator
LOCATION: Northwest Youth Corps Headquarters, Eugene, Oregon (or remote).
May include 10% travelling within OR, WA, and ID for events.
COMPENSATION: $15.00/hour; this position will begin in early August and is projected to
end October 20th, 2021
Since 1984, Northwest Youth Corps (NYC), a non-profit organization, has given tens of thousands of youth and young adults opportunities to learn, grow, and experience success. Through partnerships with conservation agencies, youth and young adults gain the personal and professional skills needed to carry out a variety of stewardship projects, from which they can earn a stipend, high school credit, and/or an AmeriCorps educational award. More importantly, these young people gain skills needed to become economically and socially self-sufficient, benefit their communities as citizen stewards, and recognize that they can make a positive difference. NYC also operates an accredited charter school, internship program, and the Idaho Conservation Corps (ICC).
The Youth Services Coordinator works with the Community Engagement Manager to successfully market, recruit, and enroll youth applicants in Northwest Youth Corps conservation service programs. This position requires a person with energy and organizational skills, a person dedicated to helping youth develop the skills they need to lead a successful life, and a person interested in promoting the growth of a generation dedicated to stewardship of our public lands and our nation’s natural communities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Support
- Promote continued organization support of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Seek to remove barriers to participation in NYC programs for underrepresented populations.
Department Supervision and collaborations
- This position is supervised by the Community Engagement Manager and serves on the Community Engagement team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create partnerships and collaborate with community groups, schools, agencies and service providers across the Pacific Northwest.
- Table at events, attend community group meetings as an NYC representative, and maintain partnerships with youth-related organizations.
- Assist with the application processing for the youth programs, ensuring completeness, tracking progress, and offering positions in our programs to applicants. This could include reviewing medical histories/criminal records, and obtaining releases and approval where necessary.
- Communicate with youth, parents, schools, and community members in a timely manner.
- Manage the recruitment/applicant database.
- Remain available as a point of contact for youth alumni to remain engaged. This will include issuing post-session surveys to youth alumni, as well as connecting them to jobs and other opportunities.
- Work with the Community Engagement Manager and NYC Alumni Ambassadors, where they will be an advocate for the youth’s voices to be heard organizationally.
Position Qualifications & Certifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Broad knowledge of recruitment and outreach strategy
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Strategic thinker
- Exceptional organizational skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The YSC will work in an office setting that is climate controlled, with a noise level that will be quiet to loud. This position serves in an open office environment with staff from multiple departments working in a shared office space. While performing the duties of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or vehicle; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear; and smell repeatedly.
**This Position Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.**
Terms of Employment
Based in Eugene, which may include 10% travel within OR, WA, and ID. This is a temporary, exempt position. Typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00 PM; with periodic long days and/or evening and weekend responsibilities seasonally.
Send a cover letter and resume to Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Officer at email provided, with “Temporary Youth Services Coordinator” in the subject line and document attachments in word or PDF format. Please do not call or drop in. Additional program information can be found at www.northwestyouthcorps.org
Northwest Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Our core purpose is to provide opportunities for
youth and young adults to learn, grow, and experience success. We believe diversity is a key source of strength for our communities, and we strive to create a safe and empowering environment for participants from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities. We are deeply invested in the success of youth and young adults of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, religions, sexual orientations, economic statuses, or other