- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Company: The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.ncoae.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (910) 399-8090
From North Carolina to Alaska to the high Andes to Ecuador, The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is a values-based outdoor and adventure education provider for teens and adults interested in personal growth and professional development. NCOAE develops and facilitates professionally guided outdoor experiences to foster an engaged educational community, through personal growth and the acquisition of technical and academic skills.
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Wilderness Field Instructors for the 2022 season. Instructors manage the safety of trip participants while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education courses in the field, including kayaking, backpacking, rock climbing, glacier trekking, whitewater rafting, and mountaineering. Instructors manage risks and assure effective courses while serving as an educator and role model.
Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation in an accurate and timely fashion, and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group process and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for instructors and students to follow.
NCOAE’s hands-on, experiential core curriculum emphasizes teamwork, environmental stewardship and the acquisition of technical skills. Through these lessons, NCOAE Instructors help course participants improve their self-confidence and interpersonal relationships. Experiential education is merged with good, old-fashioned fun to offer an unrivaled path to insight, joy, and drive. NCOAE is proud to be an AEE (Association for Experiential Education) accredited organization.
- Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, residential summer camps, or related field
- Current Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification, or willingness to obtain
- Competency in risk management skills
- Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE instructor course
- 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
- Current WFR or WEMT certification
- Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Apply Now