- Date Posted: July 29, 2021
- Location: , Napa, CA
- Company: R-Ranch at the Lake
- Job Type: Full Time or Seasonal
- Salary: $15/hr
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
R-Ranch at the Lake
[this job is a cross-post from our sister site, RanchWork.com]
R-Ranch at the Lake is hiring wranglers/ranch hands for the fall/winter season, with possibility for a year-round position. We are hiring on a rolling basis and can hire immediately! Ask about options for couples!
The right person will deliver quality customer service and competently handle horses of all temperaments.
R-Ranch at the Lake is located 30 minutes from Downtown Napa, California, in the rolling hills around Lake Berryessa. There are 1,093 acres of wooded trails, campsites, cabins, stable facilities, and Napa County’s largest pool.
The Stables offers daily, walk-only trail rides for Novice riders.
- Hourly wages, paid twice a month
- Free RV/Camper hookups or bunkhouse lodging (bunkhouse for seasonal employees only)
- Use of campsite amenities including horses, swimming pool, hiking trails, etc. with preference to paying members
- At least 21 years old
- Able to drive
- Must be able to walk more than one horse at a time.
- Must be able to ride a horse even when "it doesn't want to go."
- Ability to tack a horse in western tack without help
- Ambitious, hardworking, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Familiar with riding in rough terrain, have a good sense of direction, and experience with novice riders.
- 2 Years experience handling and riding horses
- 1 Year experience in customer service positions.
- Able to lift at least 80 pounds
Wrangler Responsibilities Include:
- Guide novice guests on hour-long, walk-only trail rides, arena rides and aid in gymkhana events.
- Give guests instruction in basic horsemanship, and horse care.
- Interact with guests to make each ride safe, educational, and fun.
- Daily feeding of and caring for horses.
- Memorize the name, look, and attitude of 50 horses.
- Match horses to guests to fit their skill level, experience, and size.
- Perform tack maintenance as necessary ensuring all is safe and in good working order.
- Maintaining facilities, corrals, arena, trails, grounds.
- Maintaining and alerting supervisor when vehicles and ranch equipment are broken.
- Caring for and identifying sick/injured animals
Please forward your resume and (if you have no professional horse experience) a cover letter describing your horse experience to our email address.
Visit website here: https://r-ranch.net/