Cool Jobs (“we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We have developed specific policies and procedures to ensure that the information you provide to us through our website is collected and maintained in a manner that respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement explains these important policies and procedures.
We collect information about your use of our site through the use of “cookies.” The information collected by cookies helps us monitor the number of visitors to CoolJobs.com. In addition, we utilize cookies to save your login information and enable certain features of CoolJobs.com. Note that your browser software can be set to reject all cookies. Setting your web browser to reject all cookies may prevent you from using all portions of the site, or enjoying its full functionality.
We may also use tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email (web beacons) that collect anonymous, non-personal information about your use of the CoolJobs.com site and the sites of selected sponsors and advertisers — as well as your use of emails, special promotions or newsletters we send to you. The information collected by web beacons allows us to monitor the number of people using the CoolJobs.com site, selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites, as well as the number of people who are opening our emails, and for what purposes.
We may use third party website analytics services in connection with the CoolJobs.com site. We use the information collected by such services to enhance usability on CoolJobs.com. Such services do not collect personal information that you do not voluntarily enter into the site, and they do not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use their services.
What personal information does CoolJobs.com collect?
CoolJobs.com collects personal information about you when you do any of the following:
- You choose to share your personal information with us to use our site.
- You request information from us.
- You sign up for newsletters or our email list.
- You make an inquiry.
- You participate in a survey or promotion.
- You otherwise contact or interact with us.
This personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, telephone number, medical insurance, personal medical information and other information you voluntarily provide to us. We may combine the information you provide to us with information (1) from and about you that we automatically collect when you use this or other sites affiliated with CoolJobs.com, (2) from third parties, or (3) from other online and offline sources.
How does CoolJobs.com use the personal information it collects online?
We use personal information collected online for various functions, including but not limited to:
- Fulfilling your requests for products or services.
- Offering products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Customizing the content, advertising and services to your preferences.
- Sending you solicitations, product announcements, and similar materials that may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these materials).
- Sending you certain e-mail messages critical to your use of the Services, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to “opt out” of receiving such messages).
- Sending you certain e-mail messages from third party advertisers (such third-party advertisements are distributed by Cool Jobs on behalf of our advertisers).
- “Pre-populating” forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by Cool Jobs and/or its sponsors.
- Billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.
- Improving our customer service and service offerings.
- In addition, we may collect and use information for analytic purposes, market research or marketing purposes, as allowed by law. We may use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, which may include contacting you to notify you of our current or future services.
We may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to CoolJobs.com or our services. Further, we might also use your information to let you know about other services we offer that may be of interest to you and we may contact you by mail, telephone or fax, as well as by email. We do collect anonymous, non-personal information about your use of our site.
Does CoolJobs.com share the personal information it collects online?
We may share the personal information we collect about you with third party partners, such as medical providers and companies performing medical services you have requested. While these partners may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, they are prohibited from sharing or using such information for any other purpose.
Finally, we may disclose your personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
How does CoolJobs.com use and disclose Protected Health Information?
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Protected Health Information is any information about health status, provision of health care or payment for health care that can be linked to a specific individual. Broadly, this includes phone/fax numbers, geographical identifiers, e-mail addresses and other information directly related to an individual.
Our use and disclosure of your Protected Health Information is governed by HIPAA. When you use the site to request contact with a selected healthcare provider, all protected health information that you submit with the contact form or created from your use of the contact form is used and disclosed by us as a Business Associate (as defined by HIPAA) according to the terms of a Business Associate Agreement between us and that healthcare provider.
This means that we may only use and disclose your Protected Health Information on behalf of, or to provide services to, the healthcare provider for the appointment scheduling services available through the CoolJobs.com site according to the terms of the Business Associate Agreement.
There are three exceptions to this use and disclosure rule. We may use and disclose your Protected Health Information as follows:
- For our internal management and administration.
- To carry out our legal responsibilities.
- To perform certain data aggregation services for the healthcare provider and other healthcare providers; provided that, any disclosures for our internal management and administration or to carry out our legal responsibilities are either required by law or made after we obtain reasonable assurances from the person to whom the Protected Health Information is disclosed that it will be held confidentially and used or further disclosed only as required by law or for the purpose for which it was disclosed to that person.
Some of appointment scheduling services available through the CoolJobs.com site for healthcare providers may be provided by subcontractors of Cool Jobs. All such subcontractors must comply with the same terms and conditions for the Protected Health Information that apply to Cool Jobs as a Business Associate of the healthcare provider.
Does CoolJobs.com collect personal information online about children?
Our website is not intended for children under 18, and we do not intentionally collect or maintain data about children under 18 unless such personal information is provided by a parent, legal guardian or authorized adult. If we learn that we have received any personal information from anyone who is not at least 18 years old, we will delete that information from our database.
Your choices about collection and use of information
You may choose not to provide us with any personal information. In such an event, you can still access and use some of